With an understanding of audience perceptions, I use my graphic design experience to create visually compelling communications that help organizations connect emotionally with their target markets.
- Award-winning graphic design— extensive experience with print, exhibit design, web, brand development, and various business collateral. Also extensive freelance design experience with various corporate and non-profit organizations.
- Visual problem-solving— Has taken a variety of assignments (such as print, web, interactive, and video) from ideas to successful products. Known as a knowledgeable and personable visual thinker.
- Strong communication abilities— wrote published articles in the University of Maryland's College of Agriculture and Natural Resources alumni magazine Momentum, Strategy newsletter for youth ministers, and Power for Today mini-booklet. Along with this, I also maintain a blog.
Awards & Accomplishments
- American Graphic Design Award, 2013
- American InHouse Design Award 2013
- Featured in David E. Carter Logo 2.0 Book 2012
- American Web Design Award 2011
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents' National Winner for a Promotional Package—Team, 2008
- American Graphic Design Award for Logo Design, 2004
- Forestry Communications Award for Best Forestry Publication, 2000
- Apex Award for Publication Excellence, 1993
- Blog named top 50 design blog (#19) in 2009, and this website's design was honored at One Page Design Love in May of 2010
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Adobe After Effects
Download my resume (PDF)
or purchase a hardcopy book of my portfolio.